This majestic deer weathervane sits atop a beautiful red barn along Perry Township Road 380 in Coshocton County, Ohio.
Long before the invention of the motorized truck and farm tractor, the Percheron draft horse provided the power to build and feed our nation. This noble horse now provides the power, substance, beauty, and style as America’s work and recreation horse for the twenty first century. This horse weathervane is located on theÂ Percheron Horse Association of America building in Fredericktown, Ohio.
The breed derives its name from the place that served as its cradle. Le Perche is an old province about 53 by 66 miles located some 50 miles southwest of Paris.
This Rampant Lion Weathervane is located on the property of theÂ Liberty Presbyterian Church located in Liberty Township in Powell, Ohio along with three other weathervanes.
ramp-ant [Â ram-puh nt]
Heraldry. (of a beast used as a charge) represented in profile facing the dexter side, with the body upraised and resting on the left hind leg, the tail and other legs elevated, the right foreleg highest, and the head in profile unless otherwise specified:Â a lion rampant.
see wikipedia: The Royal Standard of Scotland
Liberty Presbyterian Church located in Liberty Township in Powell, Ohio was founded in 1810. This angel weathervane is one of four weathervanes on the site.
In 1810, eight members of the Thomas & Sarah Cellar extended family, plus Leonard Monroe, organized Liberty Presbyterian Church. For its first 26 years, Liberty shared a pastor and Session with the Presbyterian congregations in Delaware and Radnor.
In 1820, Thomas’ sons George and John built the wood-frame meeting house that is still used as our chapel (it is the oldest continuously-used worship building in Delaware County), situated beside the settlers’ cemetery.